A great website includes an attractive interface, pleasing graphics and an irrepressible urge for the user to click. In order to create a website of this caliber, the web designer must have excellent graphic design skills, knowledge of site navigation and the ability to write high-quality web content.
The credibility of your business is dependent upon your website, so it is imperative that your Internet calling card be distinctive.
A superior website will convey information about the product, goods or services that your company offers. The content within your website will not only affect Search Engine Optimization (SEO) but it also affects how viewers interpret your company.
If the text within your website is poorly written, uses improper grammar and misspelled words, the integrity of your business will be reduced. Incorporating high-quality content on your site is imperative and should not be overlooked in favor of fancy Flash media or flashy graphics.
Make your website universally compatible. There are a multitude of browsers that people may use to locate and view your website. A skilled web designer will keep cross-browser capability in mind when creating a high-quality website.
If your site includes incredible special effects that are able to be seen on a Mac but not a PC, you will not attract and sustain much-needed traffic to the site when the user is unable to enjoy your ingenious design.
Optimize your photos and graphics. How many times do you click away because the site you want to view takes too long to load? Making sure that your image files are optimized for the web will cater to the impatience of users viewing your website.
* Validate your HTML code and be sure that your site is compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape, Opera and Safari at the bare minimum.
* Check your colors. Specify your link colors or the userâ€™s default browser will automatically determine them, often making your copy unreadable.
* Use streaming media to reduce download time.
* Remember the 10-second rule. If it takes longer than 10 seconds to load, you are losing viewers.
* Remember the 3-click rule. Users will leave the site if they cannot access the information they seek within 3 clicks.
Proper web design is an intuitive animal. Research websites that are user-friendly and sites that you enjoy viewing and modify the design to suit your business.
Your website is the key to success on the web, so keep your information up-to-date and easy to access.
If you are interested in hiring an website designer, please also visit about my services. Also visit this page to learn more about my upcomming projects. If you like to contact me, please visit this page.